Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday!

The wonderful Sharp family invited Josh and I up to their house for Super Bowl Sunday! They had a wonderful array of foods; veggies, wings, meatballs, pasta salad, the list could go on and on and on! I made peanut butter cookies to add to the feast! However, Ashley also had fresh strawberries and crackers that we could dip in chocolate for dessert! It was incredible!

And what a game!!! It was craziness! :) The Sharps were mainly cheering for the Seahawks, but Josh and I are still pretty bitter (Josh especially) about the Packers not being in the Super Bowl, so we were cheering (not particularly for the Patriots), but just for the Seahawks to lose. :) And lose they did! Couple of crazy plays though!

Josh was on his phone in bed this morning when I was getting ready and he saw this meme on Facebook that he thought was funny. It said, "In other news, millions of Facebook users magically became sports announcers within the last 24 hours." I also added to that...referees and coaches as well! It's ridiculous some of the people on Facebook just rant and rant and rant about how stupid the coach was to call that play or how terrible the refs are! Since my wonderful hubby is a intramural ref, he knows exactly how it feels to have players and fans hate him for making calls in the games.

Speaking of which, Friday night was a rough night of week for my Josh. He was pretty frustrated when he came home and when he was telling me about it the next day. He said, "It's like all people just lose respect for basketball officials as soon as they walk in the door." Also, in every gym, along with 2 referees, there is also a supervisor for intramurals and they are supposed to have the officials backs. Well, apparently the supervisor in Josh's gym on Friday did NOT have his back. When Josh made a call, and the players started arguing, the supervisor told Josh that he could have handled that better. What a joke! I told Josh that he needed to talk to his boss. How is he supposed to be respected when none of the players think he's capable of doing his job and then the supervisor tells him how to do his job!? And then, Josh said later that same game during half time, the supervisor wasn't even doing his job! Ridiculous!

Anyways, Josh and I had a pretty good weekend. It went way too fast...as usual. :) Week 5 of school though...only 3 months left!

No comments:

Post a Comment