Thursday, January 22, 2015

We Have the Best Pens

Pens...yes pens, as in writing utensils that use ink. So I just got a call at work from a school counselor in Dallas, Texas who wanted to know if we could ship her some of our BYU Independent Study pens! Hands down, the weirdest request I've ever gotten and from speaking with my co-workers, it's the weirdest request EVER in the history of customer service! Ha! The counselor explained that they had a BYU IS rep. come to their school and give them a bunch of free stuff, like course catalogs, posters, and these AWESOME pens! They're blue with our logo and number on them. They also have little grippers and they just LOVE them! Haha. I talked to Marketing and they were oh, so helpful...NOT. They said they didn't ship any materials directly to schools (just field reps), but there is some kind of form on our website where counselors could order materials. Here's the kicker, they had no idea where to find this said form. Wow, right? So helpful. Anyways, so I was asking around the office, trying to ask people who have worked here for awhile, but even my team leader didn't know. I told the counselor to maybe contact the field rep for Texas and ask him if he had any materials that he could send to the school. I also told her about the form and that I was searching for it, but hadn't found it yet. The counselor sounded pretty embarrassed for even asking, but yeah...that's my funny story for today! Fun times at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment