Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Christmas

It's been absolutely wonderful to be home for Christmas with our families! The only thing we don't like is only having 2 weeks to see everyone here! So if I haven't gotten to see you, we're so sorry! We'll be back in April for the summer again so we'll see you then! :)

We had a wonderful Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with my family: playing games, opening presents, laughing, and eating (what we do best!). Christmas morning, my dad took us to Wausau to meet Josh's parents to take us back to Spencer. We spent Christmas Day with Josh's family; his grandparents, his mom, and his sister, Felicia. We ate, opened presents, and played 500 Rummy for hours! haha We also got to Skype Josh's sister, Krystal (Sister Weier) as she is on her mission in California. She comes home in the beginning of March so this was the last time we got to see/talk to her before she comes home! It was really good to see her.

Funny story: So Krystal has a cat at home and Josh and I slept in Krystal's room when we spent the night. I knew this was going to be a bad idea because the last time I spent the night with Krystal in high school, I had issues with this cat coming in her room at night and walking around on the bed during the night. I woke up to this cat walking along the top of my pillow and landing on me when she jumped down from the window sill. Anyways, I knew I would have issues with this cat again. Josh and I fell asleep around 10:30 and at around 12:30, I jolted awake. I'm not quite sure what woke me up, but I think I heard the door squeak open. I looked towards the door and I saw that the cat was in the room. I was frantic; not sure why. haha I woke Josh up and told him the cat was in the room and I wanted him to get it out and shut the door. He was not happy being awaken in the middle of the night. "It's just a cat!" he told me. He got up anyways to coax the cat out and shut the door. He laid back down and the door popped open again. The door is warped so it doesn't shut all the way. He got up again and wiggled it shut. I laid there and prayed that the door would stay shut and that I would be able to sleep and make it through the night. I know it seems like I over-reacted, but I grew up having no pets at all! I'm not used to having dogs or cats crawling around my room/bed at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment