Josh has been having issues with his hearing aid; probably starting a week or so after we got married. We went in to see an ENT specialist from Green Bay, but he had never seen Josh's implant before so he really didn't know what to do. He put him on an antibiotic because it seemed infected. We set up an appointment with the doctor in Marshfield that originally put the implant in. We drove to Marshfield Wednesday morning to see him, and he was going to surgically cut around the opening to relieve some of the pain for him, but then told us about this brand-new procedure that is really a new version of the implant Josh has now. However, this Dr. Holt is retiring this year and has not learned this new procedure, so he referred him to a Dr. Gubbles in Madison. We are awaiting his call to set up an appointment to see him and see what he says. Although I hate seeing Josh in pain when the doctors are pushing around by his ear, I'm grateful that we can hopefully get this taken care of now, before we go back out to school. The new implant involves another surgery, but I think it ultimately will be better for him. Right now, he has a screw that is visible from his left side, but the new implant involves everything underneath the skin in that area. The implant is also magnetic, so he can just clip his hearing aid on magnetically, instead of into this screw and then worrying about the skin growing over or it hurting him. I just think this new procedure would be so much better for my hubby! :)
Also, Josh and I have been working non-stop...saving money for school. I drew up some courage and asked my boss if it was ok for me to not work on Sundays. It was a difficult conversation as she is a non-member and doesn't quite understand what the big deal is. She mentioned something about well it's not like you're working all day. I had to carefully explain to her that it doesn't matter. I believe in not working on Sundays at all. We compromised as she said she couldn't give me every Sunday off, but she is very flexible in allowing me off work whenever I want, so she said if I wanted off, just ask and we'll work it out. So although, I'll still be working on Sunday, I feel like Heavenly Father is proud of me for gathering my courage and asking.
Annette (my boss) was also very understanding as she now hired Josh to work with me on Saturday and Sunday nights. She knows we don't see each other a lot during the week since Josh works days and I work nights. She figured that if she hired Josh to work with me on those nights, that would allow us to spend some more time together, which I am very grateful for. I'm also very grateful for a hard-working husband. :) I just love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment